Monday, March 2, 2009

New Year's Resolution Check-in: February

1. Lose 20 pounds. (177 -> 157)
March 1: 175.5 - Still to go: 18.5 pounds
Ha. Sure, someday I'll get there. No seriously, I'm going to be halfway there, by the end of this month. February was... a strange month. I had some really really good stretches. In fact, I had about a week of perfection that got me down to 170, but that brought on another sabotage mission. The bright point of February was exercise, but I'll get to that.

2. Exercise at least 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

The Excel spreadsheet is still working wonders for me. I didn't quite get all of the workouts in, but I'm proud of what I did. I ran four times a week every week but one, and that one I ran three. I'm back up to running 30 minutes at a time, pretty easily. I'm proud that even when my eating went crazy, as it did quite a few times in February, I still stuck to exercise as my habit.

3. Run 11k in the Naju Marathon.

Not sure if I'm going to run the 11k or the 5k, but training is going very well. After the Naju Marathon I might amend this, because I have big plans to for a half marathon in September!

4. Blog at least once a week.

Again, so far, so good. I'm really proud of this.

5. Read 50 books.
Pace has slowed down, but I'm still ahead of schedule, and Tim just returned with a lot of books that look interesting to me, so I should be set!

6. Write regularly.
FAIL. I'll try again to get started this month with a regular schedule. It might be easier once I have my class schedule.

7. Save $800-$1,000 per month.
I haven't received any money to save yet, but hopefully I'll have at least $1000 in the bank by my next progress report. Didn't manage to save much from the vacation time, but at least I'm not negative. At least, I don't think I am. I sure hope not.

The breakup has caused me to start thinking really hard about my future lately, and to re-evaluate some things. Well, that's not true. My goals are the same as they've always been, sort of. They're just in sharper focus now that I don't have that distraction, so I'm expanding on them. I'll be writing about the new life plan here soon. I wonder how many life plans there are in this blog.

2 comments:

Nicolene said...

I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing, what all you keep track of in the your excel worksheet?

The Smith Boys said...

Just wanted to let u know I'm reading. You have some big goals for yourself. Any level above the current one is an improvement. I know they say "reach for the stars" and all that, but it's also really motivating to have some very attainable goals. I find that if I'm not going to, say, be able to save $800, I decide to quit trying at all and will try next month instead. Just a thought.... But then I'm not good with money at all, so maybe that's bad advice. :)